A New ETF To Play Gold’s Appeal
As the appeal for commodities, in particularly, gold continues to rise, ETF provider, ETF Securities recently announced another first-to-market ETF, the ETFS Physical Asian Gold Shares (AGOL).
AGOL is the first U.S. precious metals product to be vaulted in Asia as its custody will store all of its physical gold bars in secure London Bullion Market Association approved vaults in Singapore, as stated in its prospectus. From an investment perspective, the objective of AGOL is to reflect the price performance of reflect the price performance of physical gold, less trust expenses, while carrying an expense ratio of 0.39%.
The launch of AGOL couldn’t come at a better time as increased demand for gold and investment vehicles that enable one to gain access to gold continues to rise. The precious metals safe haven characteristics during times of uncertainty, its ability to give investors the capability to hedge against inflation and its uses as a method do diversify assets are likely to keep it a “hot commodity”. Furthermore, as demand for gold continues to rise, from a consumer, investor and governmental standpoint, imbalances in supply and demand could further push up prices as that production and extraction of the metal is not easy.
ETF Securities is no stranger to the physically backed precious metal ETF space, as that the provider’s ETFS Physical Swiss Gold Shares (SGOL), ETFS Physical Silver Shares (SIVR), ETFS Physical Palladium Shares (PALL), ETFS Physical Platinum Shares (PPLT), ETFS Physical Precious Metals Basket Shares (GLTR) and ETFS Physical White Metal Basket Shares (WITE) have enabled the provider to surpass $3.5 Billion in US assets under management in a relatively short time span.
Disclosure: No Positions
About SmartStopsWe are a new service launched to the market in July of 2008. Our mission - to help ensure stock and etf investors stay protected in their positions at all times. see www.smartstops.net
As George Soros says:
- NSC Conservative Exit - Norfolk Southern [$NSC] Conservative Exit at $90.28 on 26-Oct-16 03:08 PM EST ow.ly/VF5Z505QkL2 14 hours ago
- EFX Aggressive Exit - Equifax Inc [$EFX] Aggressive Exit at $128.45 on 26-Oct-16 02:50 PM EST ow.ly/oXcW505QdI2 15 hours ago
- PDCO Aggressive Exit - Patterson Companies [$PDCO] Aggressive Exit at $42.94 on 26-Oct-16 02:06 PM EST ow.ly/TPtU505QdI3 15 hours ago
- MNST Aggressive Exit - Monster Worldwide [$MNST] Aggressive Exit at $146.95 on 26-Oct-16 01:12 PM EST ow.ly/TxhS505Q4zp 16 hours ago
- INTC Aggressive Exit - Intel Corp [$INTC] Aggressive Exit at $34.80 on 26-Oct-16 01:56 PM EST ow.ly/JDrd505Q4zo 16 hours ago