By Kevin Grewal
In an attempt to ignite the labor markets, Congress passed a $17.6 billion measure and sent it over to President Obama to sign into law, paving the path of opportunity in some sectors.
With unemployment lingering around 9.7%, spring break right around the corner and Congressional elections looming at the end of the year, the clock was ticking and policymakers decided to agree on the Job Bill. This Job Bill is expected to exempt businesses from paying the 6.2% payroll tax on newly hired employees who have been jobless for at least 60 days and offers a $1,000 tax credit to businesses who keep the newly hired workers employed for at least a full year.
In addition, the bill provides an extra $19.5 billion, through subsidized state and local construction bonds, to shore up road and bridge construction and extend the federal highway program through the end of the year. This extra funding could potentially lead to an increase in domestic demand for raw materials, such as steel, industrials and transportation services related to getting these materials to desired destinations. Read More…
As George Soros says:
- ZION Aggressive Exit - Zions Bancorp [ZION] Aggressive Exit at $28.47 on 01-Oct-14 03:22 PM EST ow.ly/2OuB5g 20 hours ago
- ESV Conservative Exit - Ensco Intl [ESV] Conservative Exit at $39.64 on 01-Oct-14 03:24 PM EST ow.ly/2OuB5f 20 hours ago
- MSI Aggressive Exit - Motorola Solutions, Inc. [MSI] Aggressive Exit at $62.28 on 01-Oct-14 03:24 PM EST ow.ly/2OuB5e 20 hours ago
- PNC Aggressive Exit - PNC Financial Services Group [PNC] Aggressive Exit at $84.35 on 01-Oct-14 03:24 PM EST ow.ly/2OuB5d 20 hours ago
- X Conservative Exit - U.S. Steel Corporation [X] Conservative Exit at $36.84 on 01-Oct-14 03:04 PM EST ow.ly/2OuvYV 21 hours ago